SMOOTHSKIN GOLD Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal system.
Welcome to an unparalleled beauty experience with your new SMOOTHSKIN GOLD Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal system. With SMOOTHSKIN GOLD, you can achieve silky smooth skin every day, and have beautiful hair-free skin forever.
SMOOTHSKIN GOLD is powered by Intense Pulsed Light derived from professional IPL technology. SMOOTHSKIN GOLD is recommended by beauty and skincare professionals worldwide for the removal of unwanted hair.
SMOOTHSKIN GOLD is designed to help break the cycle of hair growth. Light energy is transferred through the skin’s surface and is absorbed by melanin present in the hair shaft. The absorbed light energy is converted to heat energy (below the surface of the skin), which disables the hair follicle preventing further growth. Treated hairs naturally fall out over the course of a few days to 1-2 weeks. Hair growth is cyclical and follows 3 distinct and consecutive phases.
IPL treatment is only effective when hairs are in a particular phase (the Anagen – growth phase). Not all hairs are in the same phase at any one time. This is why you should follow the recommended treatment regimen of 12 weekly treatments.
IPL treatment relies on melanin in the hair absorbing the light energy. Treatment is most effective on dark hair. SMOOTHSKIN GOLD is not effective on very light, red or grey coloured hair.
WHAT TO EXPECT
IMMEDIATELY POST TREATMENT You should not see any significant side effects from treatment (Refer to section 5.2 for more information on side effects)
In the first few weeks following the initial treatments, you will still see some hairs growing. These are likely to be hairs that were missed during treatment i.e. they were lying dormant and not in their growth phase (Anagen) during treatment; when IPL is most effective.
6 WEEKS INTO THE 12 WEEK PROGRAMME You should see a reduction in hair growth. However, many hairs may still not have been treated in their growth phase. It is important to continue the weekly treatments.
AFTER THE 12 WEEK PROGRAMME Immediately after you have completed the 12 week programme you should see a significant reduction in hairs within the treated area. Any remaining hairs should be finer and lighter in colour. Continued monthly treatments, or treatments as required, should keep your skin permanently hair-free.
DOING A PATCH TEST
Before your first treatment on each new body area, we RECOMMeND you test your skin (in that area) for a reaction to SMOOTHSKIN GOLD.
The patch test area should be approximately 3cm x 2cm in size (equivalent to 2 flashes applied to the skin side by side)
1. Follow the instructions in the ‘Getting Started’ section to prepare the area for patch testing
2. Treat the area
3. Wait 24 hours following the patch test, to ensure your skin is suitable for treatment and there is no adverse reaction to the light energy.
4. If there is no reaction after 24 hours, you may treat the area around the patch test. The ‘patch tested area’ should NOT be re-treated for at least 1 week.
1. PREPARE the area to be treated ensure you DO NOT wax, epilate or pluck the hair in the treatment area, as this will remove the hair shaft that absorbs the light energy during treatment.
Before using SMOOTHSKIN GOLD:
• Remove any visible hair by shaving
• Cleanse the treatment area and pat dry
2. POWER ON the device
• Insert the Power Supply into the base of the handset
• Plug the Power Supply into an electrical outlet. The Standby/Ready Button will illuminate blue to indicate STANDBY mode. In this mode the device cannot be fired.
• Press the Standby/Ready Button once, the light will change from BLUE to WHITE to indicate the handset is READY for use.
STANDBY MODE Timeout When the unit is left “inactive” i.e. no buttons are pushed for 3 minutes then the unit will revert to STANDBY mode. This is indicated by the Standby/Ready button changing to a BLUE light. Press the button once to return to READY mode for treatment
1. INTELLIGENT SKIN SENSORS
Detect & Set
SMOOTHSKIN GOLD has 2 unique, sophisticated Skin Tone Sensors located either side of the Treatment Window.
During a treatment, the sensors are continuously active, searching for a valid skin tone.
If both the Skin Tone Sensors DO NOT detect a valid skin tone, then the handset cannot be activated.
The handset will only detect the correct Skin Tone when both Skin Tone Sensors (either side of the Treatment Window) are pressed against the skin
The status of the Skin Tone Sensors can be seen on the Power Bars located on both sides of the handset. If a valid skin tone is detected, the Power Bars will illuminate WHITE. The number of lights illuminated will be dependent upon your exact skin tone.
Optimal Power Settings have been carefully selected to ensure maximum safety and efficacy. This unique feature ensures you get a PERSONALIZED treatment every time you use SMOOTHSKIN GOLD.
LESS LIGHTS = Darker skin and Lower Power Setting
MORE LIGHTS = Lighter skin and Higher Power Setting
2. GENTLE MODE
If you find the treatment uncomfortable or a little too painful, pressing the ‘GENTLE Mode’ button will reduce the power output.
• Press the GENTLE Mode button once and it will illuminate WHITE to indicate it is activated. You will notice less Power Bar indicators illuminated when applied to your skin.
• To de-activate GENTLE Mode, press the button again. The button will not be illuminated and the device will return to its standard power settings.